Last week we spoke about tips – piping tips.
But the brush-embroidered cookies I used too illustrate the points (aha – points, get it!) brought to mind another tip – the brush tip that works well for brush embroidery… (and yes – there’s another word-play opportunity there with tip, but I’m fighting the urge to point that out too.
- the background should be flooded and dry
- use outline-consistency icing for the petals (not too stiff, not too soft)
- work on one petal at a time
- use a firm, flat tipped brush
- keep the brush just-damp, not wet.
- clean the brush frequently
- try the brush side-on and flat-on for different effects
I don’t consider myself a brush-emboidery expert, by any means. Have a look at Sweetambs tutorials and videos on the technique. And practice, practice, practice!
Happy decorating 😊