Ingredients (serves 2)
° 1 small firm beancurd/tofu, pat dry and scrambled
° ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
° ½ tablespoon olive oil
° 2 tablespoons vegetarian salad cream or vegan mayonnaise, or to taste
° salt and pepper, to taste
° 4 slices breads
° non dairy margarine (optional), for spread
° cucumber slices (optional)
° tomatoes slices (optional)
1. Marinate scrambled tofu with turmeric powder and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat and stir fry the scrambled tofu for 1-2 minutes or until dry. Transfer to a bowl, add vegetarian salad cream or vegan mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Evenly spread margarine on one slice of bread.
4. Place the tomato slices and cucumber slices on the bread. Scoop the mashed ‘egg’ over it.
5. Spread margarine on the second slice of bread and complete the sandwich.
6. Slice the sandwich diagonally and use sandwich toothpicks to hold the sandwich halves together. Repeat for the next 2 slices of bread.