Ingredients (makes 8)
° 2 pieces fresh rice noodle rolls
° 200g yam bean, peeled and shredded
° 25g carrot, peeled and shredded
° 5g dried black fungus shreds, soaked
° 3 dried Chinese mushrooms, soaked and finely sliced
° 1 slice ginger, finely chopped
° 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
° 80ml water
° ½ teaspoon sugar
° ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
° 2 teaspoons light soy sauce, or to taste
° pepper, to taste
° 1 teaspoon corn flour, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1. Heat oil in a wok. Add in the ginger and fry till fragrant. Throw in yam bean, carrot, black fungus, mushroom and stir-fry briskly. Add the water, salt, sugar, light soy sauce and pepper. Stir fry over high heat for 1 minute, stirring occasionally and simmer until the vegetables is tender and slightly dry.
2. Stir in the corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce and give it one last stir fry.
3. Transfer to a dish and let it cool.
To wrap rice noodle parcel
1. Unroll the rice noodle roll very gently to avoid breaking and cut into 4 sheets.
2. Place one square piece of rice noodle sheet in front of you. Place ¾ to 1 tablespoon of filling in the middle and fold up to form a rectangle parcel. Arrange on a well-greased heat proof plate.
1. Steam for 5-8 minutes and remove from the streamer.
2. Serve warm.